1) Lower East Side: A new beer bar on Clinton Street offers minimal interaction with staff. At Paloma Rocket, guests can pick from 30 self-serve taps to sample (and eventually purchase) their own beer. Beers on the menu include Sixpoint C.R.E.A.M., Moody Tongue, and Yonkers Lager. "Beer Ambassadors" are also on site to answer any questions. Currently, Paloma Rocket is open Fridays and Saturdays from 6:00 p.m. to midnight. Next month the team plans to open daily. Status: Soft Open; 7 Clinton Street, 917-262-0869.
2) Lower East Side: Four months after its upstairs neighbor and sister-establishment Garfunkel's opened, The Burgary is open for business. There's a veggie burger, a turkey burger, a meatball parm burger, and a traditional bacon cheeseburger on the menu. The restaurant also offers a build-your-own option. Status: Certified Open; 67 Clinton Street, 212-529-6999
3) Hell's Kitchen: The team behind New York bars Tanner Smith's, Three Monkeys, and The Mean Fiddler opened Dutch Fred's over the weekend. Fred, the bar's namesake, was a police officer that's said to have come up with the name for Hell's Kitchen as a neighborhood. Dutch Fred's is serving craft cocktails, as well as 24 different craft beers. Status: Certified Open; 307 West 47 Street, 212-354-2950
4) Long Island City: The owners of Open Door rebranded the space last month and have now dubbed the bar/restaurant "Re Pub LIC 50." Starters include a New Mexican flatbread, chicken wings, and West Coast fish tacos. Entrees like hanger steak, pork belly, and lamb chop are all priced under $25. Brunch is also available. Status: Certified Open; 10-09 50 Avenue, 718-361-8589
5) Tribeca: Popular coffee shop Jack's Stir Brew just opened inside the Roxy Hotel. The menu is similar to Jacks' other six locations. It includes vegan doughnuts. Status: Certified Open; 2 Avenue of the Americas, 212-519-6600
6) Morningside Heights: The third Manhattan outpost of Pressed Juicery opened last week just off Columbia's campus. The new location is the first on the east coast to serve Freeze, the company's vegan soft serve. In addition to Freeze, Pressed Juicery’s Columbia location will offer cold-pressed juices, cold-pressed coffees, and a selection of grab and go snacks. Status: Certified Open; 2857 Broadway, 212-222-2279
7) West Village: Honest Chops, the East Village Halal butcher and meat store, just opened a burger joint. No word yet on the menu, but diners can expect local and organic burgers at Burgers by Honest Chops . Status: Certified Open; 99 Macdougal Street
8) Union Square: The Pavilion opened for its third season on the north side of Union Square on Friday. New dishes this year include artichoke and spinach ravioli; green papaya salad with green mango; and stuffed beignets with cream cheese and blueberries. The Pavilion is open for lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch. Status: Certified Open; 20 Union Square West, 212-677-7818
9) Upper West Side: Global favorite Amorino Gelato opened its newest NYC location earlier this month. Like the others, it serves Italian gelato in colorful flower-shaped arrangements. Status: Certified Open; 414 Amsterdam Avenue.