clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Fire Breaks Out in Kitchen of Junior's Grand Central Terminal

The fire started in the kitchen's ductworks, but it was quickly contained.

Instagram/Asafbarlev

A fire in the kitchen of Junior's sent smoke billowing through Grand Central Terminal this afternoon. The fire broke out around 2 p.m., and 60 members of the FDNY rushed to the scene. The blaze was extinguished 2:30 p.m. There have been no reports of injuriesHere are some shots of the FDNY's response, and the smoke pouring out onto 42nd Street.

Kitchen fire at grand central in midtown #NYC today

A video posted by Jess - Social Nerd (@jessabahr) on

#fire at train

A photo posted by @freddyleon1985 on

Fire at grand central. No idea what happened, very unnerving. @rdarrenprice

A video posted by Evan Ari Kelman (@evkelm) on

@fdny units going to work today at #GrandCentralTerminal. #NYC #Fire #Fuego #Midtown

A photo posted by David Slotnick (@americanyidiot) on

No word yet on when Junior's will reopen.

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater New York newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world