With its lovely garden, vegetable-forward menu, and laid back vibe, Olmsted was the king of summer. In his three-star review, Ryan Sutton reflected on the chill atmosphere of the garden: "There are no tables out here; the garden is for snacks, cocktails, dessert, and sweating. It is 80 degrees on a summer night. A soft breeze blows through, and Japanese hand fans are scattered about for additional relief." It was truly an ideal place to enjoy a leisurely summer evening in Brooklyn.
But now, things are quite a bit different at the ‘Sted. Greg Baxtrom and his crew have added a shitload of autumnal flourishes to the menu and the dining room. Here are some things you’ll now find at Olmsted, starting this weekend:
- Warm cocktails served in Stanley thermoses
- Sunglow heaters and Pendelton blankets for guests in the garden
- Roasted chestnuts with duck skin
- Caramel apple cider doughnuts
- Rutabaga pasta sheets with white truffles.
- DIY s’mores served with charcoal for the table
All Coverage of Olmsted [ENY]