1) The Hottest Restaurants in Manhattan Right Now, May 2015
The trendiest places to eat right now include Danny Meyer's latest eatery Untitled (located in the new Whitney Museum) and Lupulo, a restaurant specializing in Portuguese comfort food, among many others.
2) Gay Couple Brutally Beaten by Two Diners at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
Two unidentified men get into a fight with a gay couple who were celebrating Cinco de Mayo at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea. What sparked the fight is unclear, but the NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force is investigating.
3) Is Battery Park City’s Le District Really the French Eataly?
Robert Sietsema checks out Battery Park City's new French market, Le District. Unfortunately, it does not quite measure up to Eataly.
4) Batard, Michael Anthony, and More New Yorkers Win Big at the 2015 James Beard Awards
As expected, New York had a great showing at Monday's James Beard awards. Here's a break down of awards won by local chefs and restaurants.
5) The Happiest Hour Burger Is the Love Child of Shake Shack and In-N-Out
Nick Solares reviews the burger at the Happiest Hour, which splits the difference between East Coast/West Coast rivals Shake Shack and In-N-Out.
6) Danny Meyer Teams Up With The Dead Rabbit Fellas For a Project Outside NYC
That's right, people. Danny Meyer and the kick-ass team behind The Dead Rabbit are combining forces to open a bar. Excellence on all levels is expected, though unfortunately not in New York.
7) Take in Spring Breezes and Serious Mexican Food at Rosie's in the East Village
The East Village gets a new Mexican restaurant with open seating and large windows that seems to be tailor-made for warmer weather.
8) New Condo Development Will Force Eight Tribeca Bars and Restaurants to Close
Another day, another eight Manhattan restaurants that will be forced to close because of real estate development.
9) Atera Goes Service-Included, Tipping No Longer Necessary
Atera will do away with tipping when it reopens, but will actually be cheaper. Ryan Sutton tells you what you need to know.
10) Thomas Keller to Open an American Restaurant in Hudson Yards Megaproject
Thomas Keller is opening a "classic American" restaurant in the new Hudson Yards mega-development. He will also help to choose the 11 other restaurants that will be joining him in the retail complex.