1) EAST VILLAGE — Hummus Place owner Ori Apple has partnered with ex-Zizi Limona chef Nir Mesika and ex-Antibes Bistro manager Amir Nathan to open Timna NYC. The concept is Mediterranean but the menu skews a bit towards the Eastern part of the sea. Expect Yemenite kubaneh bread, a sashimi of sea bass, quinoa tabouli, crispy fish skin, and tzatziki, and lamb chops made with Persian lemon dusk, freekeh, spiced butternut squash, and garlic confit. Status: Soft open. 109 Street Marks Place, 646-964-5181.
2) BED-STUY — Stonefruit Espresso + Kitchen is part coffee shop, part health-living workshop space. There's an open kitchen, which makes gluten free and refined-sugar-free snacks, reports DNAinfo. During the evening, the space will host book clubs and movie nights. Status: Certified open. 1058 Bedford Avenue.
3) COLUMBIA STREET WATERFRONT — Last Friday, The Hop Shop started tapping more than a dozen NY state brews, notes DNAinfo. There's loads more available in cans and bottles (100 varieties in total) and in a few weeks, there will be food from Brooklyn Hot Dog Company. Status: Certified open. 121 Columbia Street.
4) MIDTOWN WEST — Mini-chain Vive La Crepe opened recently across from Carnegie Hall, reports Midtown Lunch, which means there's finally a solid, inexpensive spot to grab a bite before the theater. Status: Certified open. 912 7th Avenue.
5) HARLEM — Lulu's Taqueria is opening today in a newly redone airy corner space, says Harlem + Bespoke. No word on what's on the menu quite yet. Status: Certified open. 553 Manhattan Avenue.
6) CHELSEA — Beauty bar owner Paul Devitt and Losers Lounge founder Joe McGinty are opening a retro piano bar tonight called Sid Gold's Request Room. Expect retro snacks like clams casino, shrimp cocktail, and deviled eggs. There are also boozy malted milk shakes on the menu. Status: Certified open. 165 West 26th Street.
7) PARK SLOPE — Italian restaurant Hugo & Son's recently took over a 1940's butcher shop space. There are pastas, pizzas from a wood-burning oven, and a few French dishes. There's also a separate pizzeria just around the corner. Status: Certified open. 367 7th Avenue, 718-499-0020.
8) NOMAD — The team from Midtown East's The Junction just debuted their second beer bar, John Doe. There are 52 craft beers here with 20 rotating draft lines. Status: Certified open. 253 5th Avenue.
9) HARLEM — Moroccan chef Moha Orchid, who owned Cookies & Couscous in the West Village for five years, has moved uptown with Jolie Patisserie. In addition to French pastries, there are also a few Moroccan specialties like chbakia offered here. Status: Certified open. 2453 7th Avenue, 212-234-7600.