With the debut of Marcus Samuelsson's Streetbird Rotisserie, Le District's Beaubourg, and the soft opening of Chevalier in the Baccarat Hotel last week, restaurant opening season is officially underway. There's still a big batch of major openings ahead, and now Craigslist and other job boards are littered with hiring postings as these places head into the home stretch. Here's a sample:
- Danny Meyer's team is looking hard for everyone from porters to a sous chef to work under Michael Anthony at the remake of Untitled at the Whitney. The opening date, of course, is hard set to May 1, the same day the museum opens.
- Downtown, the Pearl & Ash team interviewed front of the house applicants this past weekend for its new Bowery project, Rebelle. That opening could be any week now.
- Rosie's the Mexican project from Marc Meyer and the Vic's crew in the old Boukies space is staffing both front and back of the house positions. According to a rep, it's looking to open near the end of the month.
- George Mendes's Lupulo is also getting close. But week ago, the Aldea chef and owner was still looking for servers, a sous chef, and a pastry chef.
- Boston's critical darling O Ya is looking for staff with a "genuinely gracious demeanor" for its New York expansion.
- Today, Jason Atherton and Stephen Starr are looking to fill just about every position in their yet-to-be-named restaurant at an open call.
- And the long awaited Manhattan outpost of Brooklyn Fare was hunting for a chef de partie in late March.
Know anything about these openings? Email email@example.com.