1) LOWER EAST SIDE — Burger and beer spot Benson's recently opened in the former Casa Humo space, which has had a string of tenants in recent years. Benson's menu boasts 50 beers and eight hard ciders. To eat, there's beef jerky (in honey barbecue, peppercorn, or "blazin' hot" varieties), dips like kale and miso pesto or beer and cheese, and flatbread pizzas. The team says the menu is growing as they settle in. Hopefully, the house burger will make its appearance soon. Status: Certified open. 179 Essex Street.
2) WILLIAMSBURG — New York's first hot sauce shop Heatonist started dropping chili bombs this weekend. There are 150 hot sauces on hand, a tasting room, and a spicy sommelier to help match your taste buds with the right bottle. Owner Noah Chaimberg also promises to host some chefy dinners down the line. No word on who those chefs might be, but stay tuned. Status: Certified open. 121 Wythe Avenue, 718-599-0838.
3) BED-STUY — Bed-Vyne's mini wine and beer empire expanded earlier this month with a Bed-Vyne Cocktail. The menu here includes a long list of old fashioneds and drinks like tequila with mole bitters, notes Brownstoner. Status: Certified open. 305 Halsey Street.
4) HARLEM — Lance Knowling, who was part of the massive catering team that cooked the food for Chelsea Clinton's wedding, recently opened Blujeen, which according to its website offers "soul, southern, and classic American comfort food." There's also a tasting menu. Status: 2143 Frederick Douglass Boulevard, 212-256-1073.
5) UPPER WEST SIDE — Joe's Bar recently started pouring cocktails around the corner from Cafe Lalo. The menu here is a bit retro. Cocktails include the disco revival with gin, grapefruit cordial, lemon Lillet Rosé, and absinthe, along with a golden cadillac and a Rob Roy. To eat there's just a burger, which can be topped with cheese, bacon or both, or the family meal (what the kitchen prepares for the staff dinner), oh, and pickles. Status: Certified open. 480 Amsterdam Avenue.
6) PROSPECT-LEFFERTS GARDENS — Baking caterer IM Pastry Studio opened a brick and mortar shop on Friday serving mini hazelnut cappuccino waffles topped with hazelnut cappuccino ice cream, Dough doughnuts, and Brooklyn Roasting Company coffee. Orders for customized cakes can also be placed here. Status: Certified open. 1131 Nostrand Avenue.