Today, Pete Wells reaffirmed Eleven Madison Park's four-star rating in the Times. This is the fourth time in his tenure as critic that he's reviewed a restaurant that previously held four stars, and the third time he's maintained those stars – he upheld that rating for Jean-Georges about a year ago, and bestowed four stars on Le Bernardin back in 2012. So far, only Daniel has been demoted, down to three stars in 2013.
In 2013, Pete also bestowed the Times' highest rating upon newcomer Sushi Nakazawa, so in total he has filed four four-star reviews in his time as critic. Here's a guide to the restaurants that are currently in the coveted four star club, with details on their review histories:
- Eleven Madison Park: Frank Bruni, 8/12/09; Pete Wells, 3/17/2015 (most recent)
- Jean-Georges: Ruth Reichl, 6/6/1997 (first hit the list); Frank Bruni, 4/19/06; Pete Wells, 04/08/14 (most recent).
- Per Se: Frank Bruni, 9/8/04 (first hit the list); Sam Sifton, 10/11/11 (most recent).
- Le Bernardin: Bryan Miller, 3/28/86 (first hit the list); Bryan Miller, 2/3/89; Ruth Reichl, 4/14/95; Frank Bruni, 3/16/05; Pete Wells, 05/22/12 (most recent).
- Del Posto: Sam Sifton, 9/28/2010 (most recent).
- Sushi Nakazawa: Pete Wells, 12/10/2013 (most recent).