1) Chick-Fil-A to Open Three Story Chicken Biscuit Emporium in Midtown This Summer
That's right. New York is finally getting a Chick-Fil-A and it's a big— three stories of chicken and biscuity goodness in Herald Square. Read more about it here.
2) 15 Awesome Breakfast Sandwiches in New York City
This map breaks down the best breakfast sandwiches the city has to offer—that includes everything from pita-wrapped shakshuka to a classic bacon, egg and cheese .
3) Here's the Lineup for the 2015 Big Apple Barbecue Block Party
A full run-down of the hometown heroes and visiting barbecue legends that will be cooking at the Big Apple Barbecue Block Party this summer.
4) Queens Pizzeria Owners Busted for Smuggling 55 Kilos of Cocaine
A family-run pizza place in Queens served as a front for $2 million coke smuggling scheme. Apparently, the drugs were snuck into the country inside shipments of yucca.
5) Santina Rocks the High Line With Affordable Mediterranean Fare
Eater critic Ryan Sutton dug the breezy, beach vibe and the price point at Major Food Group's Santina. Sutton on Santina's dining room: "It allows you to escape to a tropical fantasyland where Italy, so often traditional and familiar, now feels foreign and exotic."
6) Andy Ricker Breaks Down the Impact of the New Tipping Wage
Pok Pok's Andy Ricker explains the negative impact of the new tipping wage. According to Ricker, "It's a no-win situation for everyone."
7) Jeffrey Chodorow's Latin Fusion Behemoth Asia de Cuba Returns to NYC
Asia de Cuba's re-opening after a four year hiatus and El Chod hopes that this time "people don't come here just to look good."
8) Navigating the Chinatown Menu of the Future at Flaming Kitchen
According to Eater Critic Robert Sietsema the mixed menu at Flaming Kitchen includes Sichuan dishes, dim sum, Chinese-American stir fries, northern Chinese food, Taiwanese fare, and even American options. it remains to be see whether this "strange mix [will] become the standard Chinese menu of the future."
9) Al Fresco Dining Returns, Heralding the Arrival of Spring
In the mood to dine outside? Eater's got you covered with a full run-down of restaurants that are catering to your outdoor seating needs. Also check out this and this.
10) Can’t Get Into Javelina? Scamper Over to El Cantinero
Long before Javelina madness, El Cantinero was supplying hungry NYU students with a steady supply of fajitas and margaritas.