1) Clinton Hill: Smorgasburg and Brooklyn Flea favorite The Good Batch opened its first retail shop last week. On the menu are cookies, cakes, ice cream sandwiches in numerous flavors, and other baked goods, reports Brownstoner. To drink there's coffee, tea, and Arnold Palmers. Status: Certified Open. 936 Fulton Street.
2) Lower East Side: Creffle Cafe is still in soft opening mode, but it will soon offer creffles, which are one part crepe, one part waffle, and one part Hong Kong street snack eggette. Cold brew coffee is being roasted on site, reports The Lo-Down. Status: Soft Open. 115 Stanton Street.
3) Midtown West: An outpost of Spain's nightclub sensation Space Ibiza opened this weekend in a 20,000 square foot space on the way west side. Status: Certified Open. 637 West 50th Street, 212-247-2447.
4) Union Square: Fast casual chain Roast Kitchen opened its fourth location last week, serving its various "roast bowls" like the Moroccan with couscous, spinach, and roasted vegetables, and a rotating "in season chef's bowl." Another outpost is coming soon to East 56th Street. Status: Certified Open. 120 University Place, 212-776-4053.
[Courtesy of Ralph's Coffee]
5) Midtown: Ralph Lauren's flagship store now has a cafe on the second floor called Ralph's Coffee. The menu includes coffee drinks and some pastries like scones, mini pies, and "Nana's brownies". Status: Certified Open. 711 5th Avenue.
[Courtesy of Lexington's]
6) Midtown East: A new lounge called Lexington's opened recently at The Court Hotel. The menu offers classic cocktails, housemade sodas, and small "new American plates," including mini sliders and charcuterie. There's a billiard room with a vintage billiard table and a fireplace. Status: Certified Open. 130 E. 39th Street, 212-592-8844.
7) Lower East Side: After a very long delay, the third outpost of Patacon Pisao opened last week, reports Bowery Boogie. The Venezuelan restaurant, which started as a food truck, is serving green plantain sandwiches called patacones, arepas, and pepitos or Venezuelan style hero sandwiches. Status: Certified Open. 139 Essex Street, 646-678-5913.
8) East Village: Beronberon opened last week in the former Sapporo East space, serving a similar menu, reports EV Grieve. The management includes Yuji Umeki, who is also the manager at nearby Kenka, so the two are likely related. Status: Certified Open. 245 E 10th Street.
9) West Village: Prime 135, which also goes by Primo 135, opened last week in the old Tanti Baci space. The restaurant's serving what a representative called "Italian American fusion" with a sort of Span-ish brunch menu on the weekends. The space has a nice little dining area outside. Status:
Certified Open. 135 7th Avenue South, 212-620-6196.
Update: Despite reports otherwise, it looks like Prime 135 is not yet open but will be sometime soon.