It's high summer now, and life in the Hamptons is in full swing. With weekend getaways in mind, here's a roundup of all the foods news from Eater's sister site Curbed Hamptons.
1) Reservation Apps: The reservation service called I Know The Chef has expanded to the Hamptons. You can use it to get tables at BLT Steak, Red Stixs, Gurney's Seawater Grill, and Georgica. The app also offers perks like an amuse-bouche, complimentary glass of wine or special course from the chef. The app is free, but membership costs $59.99 quarterly, $189.99 annually and $399.99 for an elite annual membership.
2) Chefs Delivered: Today Uber and Kitchensurfing are teaming up to provide a delivery service where chefs come to your house and cook a four course meal. Price is $35 a head for groups between 6 and 16 people, which covers everything from ingredients, prep work, clean up, and the chef's travel expenses. You can reserve between 11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. for lunch and 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. for dinner. Their delivery range is limited to the Southampton and Bridgehampton neighborhoods or between East Hampton and Montauk.
3) Ina Garten's Cookbook Library: Take a gander at Ina Garten's workshop and test kitchen called The Barn, across from her East Hampton house. The room is crammed with cookbooks, with favorites such as Cucina Simpatica: Robust Trattoria Cooking from Al Forno by Johanne Killeen and George Germon; Braise by Daniel Boulud and Melissa Clark; The Cooking of Southwest France by Paula Wolfret; The Fannie Farmer Cookbook by Marion Cunningham and Lulu's Provencal Table by Richard Olney.
4) Secret Sashimi Society: Japanese pop-up Sushi Belly Tower is coming to the Hamptons on August 20, 21, 22 and August 27, 28, 29. Look out for dishes like like Scottish salmon with edamame puree, lemon and Maldon salt and the salmon, sea urchin, and zucchini. Locations are always secret but restaurant takeovers and private residences are both possibilities. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP and get on the mailing list.
· Curbed Hamptons [Official Site]