Here's a roundup of restaurants that are currently under construction. Do you see a new restaurant opening up in your neighborhood? Send that information to the tipline.
[Courtesy of Maman]
1) Soho: Michelin starred chef Armand Arnal is pairing up with Benjamin Sormonte, and others to open Maman bakery. The spot at 239 Centre Street will be both a bakery and cafe with some to-go lunch options as well. Recipes will be a mix of American classics and those from Arnal's childhood in the South of France. The opening is slated for October 1. [EaterWire]
2) Park Slope: Nunu's Chocolates is opening a cafe and chocolate shop at 179 Fifth Avenue. It will also serve beer, according to Brownstoner. The location is just down the street from the forthcoming Nutelleria and the new location of The Chocolate Room. [Brownstoner]
3) Hells Kitchen: Melt Shop is opening a new location at 52nd street and 8th Avenue, only a few blocks away from its other midtown spot. The new place will serve the same menu of grilled cheeses, tomato soup, tater tots, and shakes, reports DNA info. [DNAinfo]
4) Upper West Side: After being forced out of its old space by a price hike, Blossom new space between Cotta and Kefi is being worked on. A sign outside says it will open in September. [PLYWOOD]
5) Lower East Side: Vivi Bubble Tea is bringing its 14th outpost to the old Móle space at 205 Allen Street, reports Bowery Boogie. The menu at the bubble tea shops typically include milk teas, slushies, and several other flavored drinks. They also carry popcorn chicken. [BB]
6) Bowery: Phebe's Tavern & Grill is temporarily closed, according to EV Grieve. A sign outside says the space is going through "a little facelift." Plans are to re-open September 5. [EV Grieve]