Here's a roundup of restaurants that are currently under construction. Do you see a new restaurant opening up in your neighborhood? Send that information to the tipline.
1) West Village: A restaurant that appears to be called Prince 155 is coming to 6th Avenue around 10th Street. Its signage says it is an "Italian, American, Fusion, Rustic, Old World Kitchen." It's slated to open in September. [PLYWOOD]
2) Chelsea: Boom Sushi is under construction in Chelsea. The sign says it will serve "Temaki To Go." Uma Temakeria, a fast casual spot inspired by Brazil's sushi restaurants is also coming to the neighborhood. [PLYWOOD]
3) Chelsea: Brown paper is up in the windows of Italian gelato chain Giusto, reports Zagat. The gelateria specializes in raw ingredient flavors like matcha green tea and basil flower. [Zagat]
4) Park Slope: The Chocolate Room will is preparing to reopen, in a new spot just down the block from its original home on 5th Avenue, reports Brownstoner. The landlord reportedly wanted to raise the rent of the old space by six times the amount. [Brownstoner]
5) Lower East Side: After a two year closure, to expand into its neighboring space, The SKINnY Bar & Lounge is getting close to reopening on Orchard Street, says Bowery Boogie. Major construction on the block held things up for a good long while. [Bowery Boogie]
6) Clinton Hill: Damon Gorton, who owns Flatbush Farm, is transforming the old Sister's Hardware space on Fulton Street into a bar called Sister's, reports Brownstoner. The place is still under construction but the hip design duo hOmE is working on the space. [Brownstoner]