Oh boy. Eater's Seventh Annual Shitshow Week, a festive time to focus on the great follies of the restaurant world, starts right this very moment. It's an opportunity to remember that as much as New York is the stage for the very best restaurants in the world, it is also home to some of the worst. Shitshows are restaurants that defy all logic. These establishments are so utterly and completely off the rails, that you actually have to marvel at their existence. For more on just what, exactly, makes a restaurant a shitshow, please hit play on the video above.
For the next five days, Eater will be celebrating these colossal dining blunders, but we can't do it alone — we need your help.
If you have any nominees for the Deathwatch, please send them to the tipline. Or if you had an outrageously weird dining experience that you'd like to share with the rest of the class, please pass along that information, as well. The official Eater Shitshow Assessment Team (ESAT) will review all submissions.
Before we begin dissecting this year's batch of shitshows, please take a trip down memory lane with the Greatest Hits of Shitshow Weeks Past:
· King Noodle
· Dans Le Noir
· TE Triple Threat: CrossBar, Ca Va, and Ember Room
· Abe & Arthur's
· Merkato 55
· Mr. Chow Tribeca
· Shitshow All Stars
· 20 Questions with Michael 'Bao' Huynh
· Eddie Huang Goes to Lavo's Bikini Brunch
· Aaron Lefkove on Working at a Meth-Filled Wing Joint
· Mimi Sheraton Remembers a Shitshow of Yore, Regine's
· Damon Boelte Samples the Goods at TGI Friday's
· Eater Line Relief
· All Coverage of Shitshow Week [~ENY~]