Here's a roundup of restaurants that are currently under construction. See a new restaurant opening up in your neighborhood? Send that information to the tipline.
1) Little Italy: The old Grotto space is under construction for Sarah Simmons's fried chicken and champagne spot Bird & Bubbles. She and her team from City Grit plan to open the space sometime in September. [PLYWOOD]
2) Greenwich Village: Mini-chain Roast Kitchen is planning a new outpost at the corner of University Place and East 13th Street. Three more locations are also in the works. [EV Grieve]
3) Lower East Side: Plywood and temporary signage is up at 177 Ludlow Street for a new outpost of Spanish fast casual chain 100 Montaditos. The 74-seat space is slated to open very soon. [PLYWOOD]
4) Columbia Street Waterfront: A third outpost of Toby's Public House, the wood-fired pizza spot from Park Slope, is coming to Columbia Street near Pok Pok and the recently opened Orchard Cafe. The bar is currently applying for a liquor license. [GS]
5) Bed Stuy: A cafe named JHBK is coming to the old Liquid Oz spot at 302 Malcolm X Boulevard. Workers say it should be open in August. [Brownstoner]
6) East Village: Signage for Snowdays, which calls itself a "snow cream shavery," went up this week in the former Kung Fu Tea location at 241 E. 10th Street. The company's Facebook page says that the shop combines "the texture of shaved ice with the creaminess of ice cream," to make something called snowcream. [EV Grieve]
7) Alphabet City: A mystery French bistro is coming to the Apartment 13 space at 115 Avenue C. Paper signs are up in the window touting vin rouge, blanc (red and white wine) and bistro. No word yet on who is behind the new restaurant or when it will reopen. [EV Grieve]