Here's a roundup of restaurants that are currently under construction. Do you see a new restaurant opening up in your neighborhood? Send that information to the tipline.
1) Prospect Heights: Towering signage for the Doughnut Plant's very first Brooklyn location just went up on Flatbush Avenue. The beloved doughnut shop is slated to open in October, at which point, as our tipster puts it, "Commence the hordes of people seeking sugar along the Ample Hills Doughnut Plant axis, formerly known as St. Marks Avenue." [PLYWOOD]
2) FiDi: Wooden "Brooklynized" signage is up at the city's first Denny's at 150 Nassau St. The location has scored a liquor license and promises to be "high end." At last report the restaurant was slated to open by the end of the summer. [Tribeca Citizen]
3) Flatiron: Obikà Mozzarella Bar Pizza e Cucina, which dubs itself the "world's first mozzarella bar", is opening a location at 928 Broadway very soon. The team is currently taking reservations for July 10 and beyond (212-777-2754). The space will seat 170 and include a full bar — oh, and serve four varieties of mozzarella made in Campania, Italy. [PLYWOOD]
4) Flatiron: A tipster tells us that J. Gumbo's, the cajun and creole chain, is taking over the shuttered Rickshaw Dumpling Bar space on 23rd st for it's very first New York outpost. Current signage out front features a large happy crawfish in a chef's hat. [PLYWOOD]
5) Tribeca: Washington Market Tavern, which will be helmed by BLT alum Aksel Theilkuhl expects to open mid-month. Menu highlights include a ramp-stuffed chicken, foie gras two ways, and lamb tartare. [PLYWOOD]