- Blizzard action.
- This is where the magic happens.
- The upstairs dining room.
- Couches for lounging while sipping your Orange Julius.
- In DQ-land, they call this a GrillBurger. It's your basic cheeseburger.
- Chicken fingers come with buttered toast and a rather flavorless ranch dressing.
- There they are!
- As a limited-edition, Manhattan-only opening special, this DQ is serving an apple pie-flavored "Big Apple Blizzard."
- The Big Apple Blizzard in person.
Behold, ladies and gentlemen, Manhattan's very first Dairy Queen. This two-story beauty is what's known as a DQ Grill & Chill, a newer concept for the chain that offers burgers, chicken tenders, sandwiches, salads, and fries, plus table service (although customers still have to order at the counter). But of course, the only thing that really matters here is that sweet, sweet Blizzard machine. The exact date is still uncertain, but New York's long-awaited DQ promises to open to the public soon after Memorial Day. Until then, check out the gleaming new machines and the upstairs lounge, and dream of the Blizzard of the Month.
If this DQ is a hit, a representative promises that more Manhattan outposts will quickly follow. The company is also currenty in talks with franchisees in Brooklyn and Queens for more locations in the outer boroughs.
· All Coverage of Dairy Queen [~ENY~]