After months of poring over thousands of nominations, interviewing chefs, grilling local Eater editors, and examining supporting material, the shortlist for the 2014 class of Eater Young Guns is complete and ready for its debut. The only real question is: Are you ready?
As previously mentioned, Eater Young Guns aims to identify the most promising up-and-coming talent in the restaurant industry, whether they're working as chefs or line cooks, wine and cocktail pros, restaurateurs, or maître d's. The criteria are simple. Nominees must be under 30 years of age (or have worked in their chosen field for less than five years) and must be currently employed in the hospitality industry in the United States. They must show extraordinary promise.
Starting Monday, Eater will present profiles of many of the 50, including recommendations from the selection committee, video profiles, and much more. And in late June, our Young Guns Class of 2014 will be unveiled.
The 50 Eater Young Guns Semi-Finalists for 2014 were just announced over on Eater National. Here's the crew representing New York City:
· Mary Attea, Chef de Cuisine, AnnisaHead over to Eater National for the full list of Eater Young Guns Semifinalists for 2014.
· Doug Hopkins, service director, Sushi Nakazawa
· Joseph "JJ" Johnson, Chef de Cuisine, The Cecil
· Elise Kornack, Owner/Executive Chef, Take Root
· Fabian von Hauske, Co-Owner and Pastry Chef, Contra
· Meet the 50 Eater Young Guns Semi-Finalists for 2014 [~EN~]