Today, Pete Wells reaffirmed Jean-Georges's four-star rating. This is the third time that he's reviewed a restaurant that previously held four stars — he upheld that rating at Le Bernardin in 2012, and demoted Daniel down to three last summer. Back in November, Pete also bestowed the Times' highest rating upon newcomer Sushi Nakazawa. Here's a guide to the restaurants that are currently in the coveted four star club, with details on their review histories:
· Jean-Georges: Ruth Reichl, 6/6/1997 (first hit the list); Frank Bruni, 4/19/06; Pete Wells, 04/08/14 (most recent).
· Per Se: Frank Bruni, 9/8/04 (first hit the list); Sam Sifton, 10/11/11 (most recent).
· Le Bernardin: Bryan Miller, 3/28/86 (first hit the list); Frank Bruni, 3/16/05 (second review); Pete Wells, 05/22/12 (most recent).
· Eleven Madison Park: Frank Bruni, 8/12/09 (most recent four-star review)
· Del Posto: Sam Sifton, 9/28/2010 (most recent).
· Sushi Nakazawa: Pete Wells, 12/10/2013 (most recent).
· Pete Wells Gives Four Sparklers to Jean-Georges [~ENY~]
· All Coverage of Jean-Georges [~ENY~]