This afternoon, the prestigious, increasingly popular World's 50 Best Restaurants List from San Pellegrino was announced in London. The same four New York restaurants from last year's list made the cut this time, but their rankings changed:
Here are the moves:
· Eleven Madison Park is the highest ranking American restaurant at number four, up one slot from last year.Rene Redzepi's influential Copenhagen restaurant Noma jumped from the number two slot to the top of the list, displacing Spain's El Celler Can Roca, which is number two. Congrats to all the winners. Head over to Eater National for the complete list.
· Thomas Keller's 10-year-old restaurant Per Se dropped from 11 all the way down to 30.
· Eric Ripert's beloved fish restaurant Le Bernardin fell from 19 to 21.
· Daniel Boulud's flagship Daniel slipped from 29 to 40.
UPDATE: San Pellegrino just announced the second portion of the list, 50 to 100. Here are the New York restaurants that placed:
64: Momofuku Ssäm Bar
68: The Nomad
70: Momofuku Ko
· World's 50 Best Restaurants 2014 List From San Pellegrino [~EN~]
· All Coverage of The World's 50 Best Restaurants [~ENY~]