Cafe El Presidente
- The juice bar up front will serve a much expanded variety of the fresh-pressed juices already offered at Tacombi.
- Here's the coffee bar, which will also serve beer, wine, and cocktails later in the day. Jason DeBriere is planning a Mexican-American menu of breakfast items, like poblano and cheese cornbread, cuernitos (Mexican croissants), and a green chile version of
- The cafe seating. Those shelves will be filled with products from the restaurant's local and Mexican purveyors.
- The tortilla press, which will supply both Tacos Madison and Tacombi with tortillas. These tortillas will also be for sale here. Tacombi chef Luis Aguilar Puente began making flavored tortillas at his tortilleria in Tulum, Mexico, and will make be
- Tacos Madison is the name of the taqueria inside Cafe El Presidente. Behind the bar, Jason DeBriere packs meat for al pastor tacos onto a rotating trompo, a process he compares to making a sculpture. Owner Dario Wolos says he offered the job to DeBriere a
- A few grocery items will also be sold out of this little window. Down the stairs is a massive basement level, which Wolos plans to turn into a seafood restaurant called Mariscos Madison by June.
- The space is still getting some finishing touches, but will open to the public on April 24.