Mike Price's Spaghetti and Clams at The Clam
- The ingredients (clockwise from top): Littleneck clams, citrus vinaigrette, soy sauce, canned tomato, butter, green onions, sweet cream butter, chopped top neck clams, chili flakes, and arugula salad. Housemade spaghetti at center.
- The spaghetti is made from semolina, AP flour, whole eggs, and egg yolks.
- The pasta is cooked in a clam broth made from surf clams, white wine, thyme, garlic, fennel, onions, carrots, and celery.
- The pasta goes into the clam stock.
- To steam them open, price places the littleneck clams in a saucepan with white wine, butter, and parsley.
- While the clams steam open and the pasta cooks, Price makes the sauce. He starts off by toasting the garlic in a hot pan with canola oil and then adds the tomato, butter, and chili flakes.
- Price then adds the chopped top neck clams and soy sauce.
- The chef brings the sauce together over the heat.
- The steamed clams and spaghetti are added to the sauce.
- The pasta is topped with an arugula salad dressed with a citrus vinaigrette, and a garnish of shredded green onions.