Welcome to the weekly Shutter Report. Know of any other restaurant that has served its last? Please send any and all intel and/or photos to the tipline
1) The Flatiron: Brio at 920 Broadway has closed, the bar stripped bare and the furniture removed. If recent OpenTable reviews are any indication there had been a decline in service and the quality of the food as of late. The space may be bordering on cursed as it was preceded by Mayrose and Lunetta. But then again any Italian spot this close to Eataly is going to face challenges, just ask Bar Stuzzichini. The Upper East Side location of Brio remains open.
2) Soho: Subway sandwich shop that sat nestled between Ed's Lobster Bar and "innerwear" store Cosabella has slung its last $5 footlong after almost a decade in business. [Bowery Boogie]
3) FiDi: Another old school slice joint has regrettably bitten the dust. Lisa's Pizza which dated back to 1971 closed recently in the Financial District. [Midtown Lunch]
4) East Village: You will have to look somewhere other than 13 St. Marks Place for one cent beer deals paired with Korean Gastro pub fare. Pan Restaurant, the K-Town transplant has shuttered after less than seven months on the block. [E.V.Grieve]
· All Coverage of The Shutter [~ENY~]