1) Astoria: Owners Tim Lorito and Matt Dill have opened Front Toward Enemy in the space that once housed their sports bar, Canz-a-Citi Roadhouse. DNAinfo reports that the new place has cocktails from Death & Co. vet Scott Teague and a menu that includes oysters, charcuterie, and dishes like fish & chips, and braised lamb shoulder. On Thursdays and Saturdays, the restaurant hosts live music that ranges from bluegrass to hip hop. Status: Certified Open. 40-11 30th Ave., 718-545-2269.
[Photo: Antonioni's/Official Site]
2) Lower East Side: Luc Levy's long-in-progress Italian restaurant Antonioni's is now open. The menu at the new place from the team behind Cafe Gitane includes pizzas, pastas, and entrees like Sicilian baccala and braised beef cheeks Milanese. Status: Certified Open. 177 Chrystie St., 646-998-3407.
3) Upper West Side: A second outpost of the Macaron Parlour has just opened uptown. Like the original on St. Marks Place, it serves cookies, cakes, breakfast pastries, and Blue Bottle coffee alongside its many macarons. There are some new items on the menu at this location, including a bacon, scallion, and gruyere scone, and kitchen sink cookies. Status: Certified Open. 560 Columbus Ave., 212-387-9169.
4) Upper East Side: Brazilian steakhouse chain Texas de Brazil opened last week in the space that once housed a California Pizza Kitchen. In standard churrascaria form, it serves all-you-can-eat meat carved tableside, along with a salad bar and dessert bar. This is NYC's first outpost of the chain. Status: Certified Open. 1011 3rd Ave., 212.537.0060.
5) Williamsburg: The team behind La Nonna Pizzeria has opened La Nonna Ristorante & Bar a short distance away. The new place sits on the courtyard of one of those luxury buildings on the Williamsburg waterfront, and serves a similar, but slightly more refined version of the menu at the original, with dishes like polenta gnocchi with pork cheeks, and lamb chops with honey goat cheese. Status: Certified Open. 184 Kent Ave., 718-302-1100.
6) Noho: Juice chain Organic Avenue has opened its tenth outpost on Bleecker Street. According to DNAinfo, this is the first outpost to have a smoothie bar, and it offers vegan soups and oatmeal as well as the usual juice and salad options. Status: Certified Open. 62 Bleecker St.
7) Upper West Side: Former Taboon chef Efi Nahon has opened Bustan with Guy Goldstein, recently the GM at Junoon. The restaurant, which takes up the old Hey Mambo space, serves a Mediterranean menu. Status: Certified Open. 487 Amsterdam Ave., 212-595-5050.
8) Carroll Gardens: Henry's Local Cafe opened recently in the space that once housed Crave Wine Bar. Brownstoner reports that the new spot serves coffee, tea, sandwiches and pastries, and is applying for a liquor license. Status: Certified Open. 570 Henry St.