JFK's Terminal 2 is about to get a handful of new restaurants from popular New York City chefs, including Laurent Tourondel, Cesare Casella, and Andrew Carmellini. Today Delta announces plans to revamp the dining options with seven new restaurants and kiosks in the terminal. Here's what's on deck:
· An Italian restaurant called Due Amici from Salumeria Rosi's Cesare Casella. Expect lots of charcuterie and cheese.
· A beer bar with food from Laurent Tourondel called BRKLYN Beer Garden.
· Shiso, a Japanese restaurant from Morimoto chef Robby Cook. This one will serve sushi and small plates.
· Croque Madame, a restaurant from Andrew Carmellini specializing in sandwiches and French crepes. (Terminal 2 already has a location of this restaurant, but it will be included in the revamp.)
The new dining area will also feature outposts of Tagliare pizzeria, Cibo Express, and World Bean, and travelers in the terminal will be able to order food using iPads. A press release notes that temporary versions of some of these restaurants are now open, but the full roll-out will be completed by summer 2014. This is a joint project between Delta and airport restaurant company OTG.
· Delta to Bring Renowned Chefs to Terminal 2 [MarketWatch]
· All Coverage of Airport Dining [~ENY~]