Seaport, Water Club
- The dining room at Michael "Buzzy" O'Keefe's famed Kip's Bay restaurant, The Water Club, remains closed, although the private events space and The Crow's Nest bar are back open again. Yesterday, a worker at the space explained that the team was repairing
- The employee at The Water Club said that the remaining work could take "four to five weeks."
- Down in the South Street Seaport, work is now being done on the sidewalk in front of Bridge Cafe, New York's oldest bar.
- The owner of Bridge Cafe, Adam Weprin, sent out an email blast to customers last month explaining the work that was being done on the space. From that message: "We have managed to harvest from the bulk of debris several yards of timber that our contract
- No word yet on an exact reopening date, but it looks like the structural work in the dining room is almost complete. For more pics of the rebuilding process, check out the restaurant's
- In April, a tipster reported that beloved Seaport bar Paris Cafe was targeting an early summer opening.
- Yesterday, a worker at the space told Eater that the bar could open in about a week. That's right: It looks like Paris Cafe is almost back in action.
- Although the bar is completely boarded up, Eater spied people working inside the space yesterday.
- Rumor has it that the owner decided to use the renovation process to move the bar back to its original position.