clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Whoa There's A Fire!

2013_07_playipubql.jpgSomeone torched an American flag that was hung outside Playwrights Irish Pub in the morning after July 4th. The bar's owner, John Doherty, had hung the flag to celebrate both Independence Day and becoming a United States citizen just days earlier. Doherty had blamed the blaze on an electrical problem until his surveillance tapes showed someone spend more than 18 minutes lighting the flag on fire, causing almost $4,000 in damage. [NYDN]