1) Greenwich Village: A new supper club and restaurant called Omar's recently opened in Greenwich Village, pumping out Mediterranean-influenced American cuisine from Per Se and and Blue Hill vet Kenny Cuomo. The public restaurant here is called La Ranita, and it's open for dinner nightly. Status: Certified Open; 21 W 9th St., 212-677-5242.
2) Flatiron District: The newest location of Maison Kayser opened in the Flatiron District last week, per DNAinfo. This is the second US location for the Parisian chain?the first opened on the Upper East Side last year?and features a grab-and-go section of pastries and juices, as well as a 52-seat restaurant with a full menu of casual French breakfast and lunch options. Five more locations are planned to open by the end of the year. Status: Certified Open; 921 Broadway, 212-979-1600.
3) Park Slope: Last week, Park Slope Patch reported that L'Albero Dei Gelati, a Brooklyn location of the popular Italian gelato and pastry shop of the same name, has opened. In addition to desserts and frozen treats, the shop serves panini, coffee, and wine, and it's open until 11 p.m. daily. Status: Certified Open; 341 Fifth Ave., 718-788-2288.
4) East Village: Nino Camaj has reopened his pizzeria Nino's at the corner of St. Marks Place and Avenue A , EV Grieve reports. Camaj sold the business seven years ago before buying it back earlier this year. Status: Certified Open; 131 St. Marks Pl.
5) Midtown East: Midtown Lunch reports on the new Bento Sushi on Third Avenue. This is the Canadian chain's fourth location in Manhattan, with a fairly standard menu of quick sushi, noodles, and the like. It opened back in June. Status: Certified Open; Third Avenue between 43rd and 44th.
6) East Village: A new café called The Wayside has opened on East 12th Street, EV Grieve also reports. Not many other details are available, but SLA documents said it would be open from around 7 a.m. until 11 p.m. Sundays to Wednesdays, staying open until 2 a.m. Thursdays through Saturdays, with organic sandwiches and salads. One of the owners is reportedly a partner in Greensquare Tavern in the Flatiron District. Status: Certified Open; 139 E 12th St.
7) East Village: Bedford + Bowery learns that Sigmund Pretzel Shop has finally reopened. It closed in May with plans to become a "neighborhood restaurant." The new menu is much more wide-ranging (and less pretzel-heavy) than before, and includes things from currywurst to reubens to chilled cucumber and spinach soup. Status: Certified Open; 29 Avenue B, 646-410-0333.
8) Lower East Side: A new location of Juice Press?the chain's 12th in Manhattan and second on the Lower East Side?has opened in the Hotel on Rivington, sez Bowery Boogie. Status: Certified Open; 105 Rivington St..
· All Editions of Monday Opening Report
[Photo via Omar's]