1) South Street Seaport: On Friday, Bleecker-born cupcake chain Magnolia Bakery opened a new pop-up storefront in the South Street Seaport. It's on Fulton Street at the corner of SmorgasBar (in one of the pop-up space associated with the Hughes' corporation's See/Change campaign), and features a special nautical-themed cupcake for $3.50. The Seaport Magnolia is open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sundays. Status: Certified Open; 11 Fulton St.
2) East Village: The new E.V. brick-and-mortar of popular food truck Wafles & Dinges is now open. Per Midtown Lunch, the menu is largely the same, with some additions like the Speculoos Shake and pretty solid-looking coffee. Status: Certified Open; 15 Avenue B.
3) Greenwich Village: Susanna Pizzeria is a new pizza operation in the former Currywurst Bros. space on Bleecker Street near MacDougal, reports DNAinfo. The owners are a trio of brothers who own several pizzerias in Northern Italy, and the menu features pizzas, pastas, and sandwiches called pizzaccias. Status: 182 Bleecker St., 646-678-3466.
4) Upper East Side: On Second Avenue up at 77th Street, Vella Restaurant and Wine Bar is now serving wine, craft cocktails, and bistro-y food. According to press materials, the menu's designed by consulting chef Filippo Dina, an alum of Telepan and Café Boulud, and features small plates, charcuterie, and larger entrées like steak, lamb chops, and salmon cioppino. It serves dinner daily, opening at 11 a.m. Friday to Sunday. Status: Certified Open; 1480 Second Ave., 212-335-0456
5) Long Island City: The area near Queensborough Plaza is getting a brand-spankin'-new American restaurant called Crescent Grill. Brownstoner Queens's early report (the restaurant has been in previews) suggests there's charcuterie, chowder, steaks, and more. It opens tonight for dinner. Status: Opens Tonight; 38-40 Crescent St., LIC, 718-729-4040.