1) Nolita: Just in time to provide a respite during these muggy summer days, a new gelato shop called A.B. Biagi opened on Elizabeth Street recently. It's owned by Antonio Barros Biagi, a Brazilian of Italian descent, who's serving up a selection of classic and funky gelati that rotates regularly, plus sorbets and coffees. It's open from 2 to 10 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays. Status: Certified Open; 235 Elizabeth St., 212-219-8094.
2) East Village: A second location of Village coffee shop Third Rail Coffee is now open in the East Village. EV Grieve noticed it soft opened last week, opening fully on Monday. It opens at 7 a.m. through the week and at 8 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Status: Certified Open; 159 Second Ave.
3) Coney Island: Calling itself a "casual, beach-themed Mexican restaurant," Place to Beach has opened on the Coney Island boardwalk. It's a bar and restaurant with burritos and the like, plus a full bar with beer, sangria, margaritas, and more. Status: Certified Open; 1302 Boardwalk West, 718-373-5862.
4) Prospect Heights: The new Brooklyn location of Ideya, the Caribbean restaurant that used to be in Soho, is now open, reports Brownstoner. It's got ceviches, mojitos, and plenty of seafood. Status: Certified Open; 636 Carlton Ave., 718-636-6770.
5) Upper East Side: Flo Fab gets word that Il Salumaio, the new salumeria from Fabio Casella of Yorkville's San Matteo Pizza, opened recently. It's largely retail, but is also serving up a mostly-takeout menu of housemade pastas and panini made on freshly-baked focaccia. Status: Certified Open; 1731 Second Ave., 646-852-6876.
6) Bushwick: Brownstoner also learns that Milk and Pull has opened in Bushwick. Per Bedford + Bowery, it's a coffee shop and café with Stumptown beans, pastries from Dough, and bagels from Bagelsmith. Status: Certified Open; 181 Irving Ave., 718-536-0440.
7) Gramercy: And finally, pcvstBee reports that there's a new location of mega-chain sandwich shop Pret A Manger now open in Gramercy. It's open seven days a week, starting at 6 a.m. Monday to Friday, and later on the weekends. Status: Certified Open 303 Park Avenue South.