- Hit ramen chain Ramen Jinya first NYC outpost, weeks from opening.
- Another look at Ramen Jinya.
- A tipster sends in this photo of Dinosaur Bar-B-Q in Gowanus, getting ready to open.
- Rouge NYC Wine Bar, coming to 94 Rivington on the LES. [Photo: Bowery Boogie]
- New creperie on the LES. [Photo: Bowery Boogie]
- The return of the East Village Nino's. [Photo: EV Grieve]
1) West Village: Here's a look at Ramen Jinya, the first NYC location of the Tokyo-born mini-chain. Ramen Jinya's been a hit in L.A., so this should be exciting for ramen freaks. It will likely open the third week of June. [POST-PLYWOOD]
2) Gowanus: The coming Gowanus location of Dinosaur Bar-B-Q is just about ready to roll. Signage is up, the mural is done, and the dinos should start slinging meat on June 19. [POST-PLYWOOD]
3) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie gets word on a couple of incoming restaurants. First, there's a new wine bar coming to 94 Rivington St. called Rouge NYC. If it gets its liquor license, it'd be a tiny space with a legal occupancy of just 16. And in another tiny space, a new crepe window is getting set to open at 25A Essex St., formerly the video game repair store XCUBICLE. [PLYWOOD]
4) East Village: On Wednesday, EV Grieve noticed that Nino's Pizza is getting closer and closer to opening. Nino's shuttered earlier this year, and now its original owner Nino Camaj?who sold the business seven years ago?is bringing it back. [PLYWOOD]
5) Upper West Side: Uptown is getting another outpost of coffee chain Oren's Daily Roast, reports My Upper West. Oren's has a number of fairly popular locations across the city, including one already on the UWS at Broadway and 112th. This one will be on Broadway and 83rd. [PLYWOOD]
6) Columbia Street Waterfront District: And there's a new Greek restaurant coming to Columbia Street in Brooklyn called Cesar's Garden Restaurant. Per the Realty Collective (via Brownstoner), there's no sign of any work being underway, but it's coming. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
· All Editions of The Plywood Report [~ENY~]