With the the long Memorial Day weekend kicking off the summer season, things are getting busy in the Hamptons. With weekend getaways in mind, here's a roundup of all the foods news from Eater's sister site Curbed Hamptons this week.
[The Boardy Barn via Facebook]
1) Drunkhampton: Is Boardy Barn in Hampton Bays the drunkest place on Earth? It very well could be, given that it sells more beer on a typical afternoon than Yankee Stadium. That's 600 kegs and 100,000 cups in just seven hours.
2) Returns: Last year, Momofuku Milk Bar popped up in Montauk under the name Make-Shift Milk Bar. It's back again this year, now open at 696 Montauk Highway.
3) Openings: Less than two weeks ago, Lucky J's Chicken and Waffles opened its doors. This is a 24-hour-a-day restaurant that was born as a food truck (and then a brick-and-mortar) in Austin, Texas, now bringing its specialties like the chicken and waffle taco to Montauk. Through June it'll actually be operating with slightly-odd hours: Mondays and Wednesdays 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Thursdays through Sundays 3 a.m. to 10 p.m., closed Tuesdays. It goes 24/7 starting in July.
4) Menuporn: Tacombi has opened an offshoot in Montauk called La Brisa de Tacombi, and Curbed Hamptons has the menu. The Elizabeth Street taqueria's new outpost has a menu that features daily fish specials, ceviches, and three kinds of fish tacos using the catch of the day. La Brisa is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner starting at 7AM with breakfast tacos, chilaquiles and banana pancakes. The tortillas are made in-house with a machine imported from San Luis Potosi.
· Curbed Hamptons [Official Site]