The northern tip of Greenpoint has seen a slew of openings recently, including instant hits like Achilles Heel, Alameda, and River Styx. The neighborhood dining scene is going through some dramatic changes right now. Here's a roundup of more recent additions:
1) The Bounty, a new bar and seafood restaurant from the team behind The Drink, is now open on Greenpoint Avenue. Although the owners hope to expand the menu soon, right now it includes oysters, littleneck clams, marinated mussels, a beet salad, gazpacho, whole grilled fish, a burger, and fettuccine with clams. 131 Greenpoint Ave., 347-689-3325.
2) Last week, Michael Ayoub opened a new location of Fornino at 849 Manhattan Ave. The menu is similar to the one served in Williamsburg, with a large variety of wood-fired pizzas, plus salads and antipasti. Ayoub plans to serve brunch in the near future. The wood-fired oven is right in the middle of the dining room. 849 Manhattan Ave.; 718- 389-5300.
3) A new combination cafe/flower shop is now open on Franklin Street by the name of Spina. The bar has a retro La Marzocco machine and Blue Bottle Coffee, and the pastry case is stocked with goodies from Dough. 107 Franklin St.
4) Two doors down from Spina is a new bar called Broken Land. It serves beer, wine, and craft cocktails. No food, but the space has a backyard. 105 Franklin St.; 718 349-2901.
5) A cafe and juice bar called 3 Roots recently opened at 159 Franklin Street in a corner space that formerly housed a yoga studio. The menu includes made-to-order juices and juices to go, as well as healthy soups, salads, and snacks. 159 Franklin; 718-389-2468.