Following the Supreme Court's ruling on gay marriage yesterday, a street party broke out in front of the Stonewall Inn, one of the birthplaces of the gay rights movement. All throughout the city, bars and restaurants hosted parties, and a few places, like Cole's Greenwich Village, also offered specials to guests to mark the occasion. Here's a glimpse at the scene outside the Stonewall Inn last night, plus snapshots from bars and restaurants around New York that were celebrating marriage equality.
- The Stonewall Inn via Twitter/chhabs.
- The scene outside The Stonewall Inn via Instagram/sarahmaslinnir.
- The sign outside Josephe Leonard yesterday via Helen Rosner's Instagram.
- The scene outside Duplex via Twitter/@kretchmar
- The special last night at Takashi. From the restaurant's Instagram: "Today's Special in celebration of Marriage Equality!! Ultra Fresh Beef Heart Sashimi with Moromi Miso Soy Pickled Garlic, Spicy Pickled
- Pieces in the West Village tweeted this photo yesterday afternoon with the note: "Speakers are just outside Pieces door."
- The Dalloway hosted an equal rights party last night, via Facebook.
- The Scene outside the Stonewall Inn vi Instagram/Carey Jones.
- The party at Duplex last night via Duplex's Facebook page.
If you know of any restaurants that are celebrating yesterday's landmark news, let us know.