- Not much to see yet, but this will be Juni at the Hotel Chandler.
- Juni is Shaun Hergatt's first project since leaving SHO last summer and joining Jimmy Haber's Esquared Hospitality.
- Davey's Ice Cream will open "soon," per a recent Facebook post.
- Mariella, coming to South Slope at the corner of Sixth Avenue and 12th Street. [Photo: Here's Park Slope]
- Taqueria Diana, a "California Inspired" taco shop coming to Second Avenue in the East Village. [Photo: EV Grieve]
1) Midtown East: Australian chef Shaun Hergatt and Jimmy Haber's Esquared Hospitality are opening Juni in the Hotel Chandler this summer. This is the first restaurant from the BLT restaurant folks since the former SHO mastermind joined the team last year. This 50-seat "vegetable-inspired" restaurant in the Hotel Chandler recently went live online, and it sounds like an August opening is most likely. [PLYWOOD]
2) East Village: EV Grieve gets word on two coming restaurants in the East Village. First there's Davey's Ice Cream, which is possibly opening next week at 137 First Ave., between St. Marks Place and East Ninth. And then there's Taqueria Diana, a "California inspired" taco place, where work just recently started. [PLYWOOD]
3) Midtown: Chain pan-Asian restaurant Wok to Walk?which has restaurants in 12 different countries?is opening its first U.S. location at Eighth Avenue and 38th Street. Per Midtown Lunch, this seems to be another place bringing the Chipotle-esque assemble-to-order method to Asian food. [PLYWOOD]
4) Brooklyn Heights: A Northern Italian restaurant called Sociale is opening on Henry Street at Orange. Manager Francesco Nuccitelli tells the Brooklyn Heights blog that it could open within the next two weeks, pending paperwork. [POST-PLYWOOD]
5) Park Slope: And finally, a little South Slope news: the space that used to be the American restaurant Sweetwolf's, on Sixth Avenue at 12th, is becoming a spot called Mariella. Here's Park Slope notices that signage has gone up, and while no real details are available there's a good chance the restaurant will be doing wood-fired pizzas. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
· All Editions of The Plywood Report [~ENY~]