- Potatopia, bringing potatoes and more potatoes to the West Village, via Instagram.
- Ivan Ramen, via Digest NY.
- Outside the coming Oxford Kitchen, via Brownstoner.
- This will become a Paris Baguette, via Midtown Lunch.
- Far East Restaurant coming to Park Slope, via Here's Park Slope.
- The mural at Gowanus's coming Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, via DNAinfo.
1) West Village: Edison, N.J.'s Potatopia is opening a location in the West Village, with (as Flo Fab noted in this week's Off The Menu) russet and red bliss potatoes and jumbo yams, served nine different ways. It should open in June. [PLYWOOD]
2) Lower East Side: Ramen impresario Ivan Orkin's forthcoming Ivan Ramen is coming along, notes Digest NY, with a sign up in front declaring that it's "coming soon." [PLYWOOD]
3) Fort Greene: Brownstoner reports that a new spot called Oxford Kitchen is coming to the corner of South Oxford and Fulton. No further details, but it sounds like it could be a Southern spot, or an English spot, or just named after its cross-street. [PLYWOOD]
4) Gowanus: At the incoming Dinosaur Bar-B-Que in Gowanus, DNAinfo reports that the mural in honor of a man killed on the block?which the restaurant had to remove?has been replaced with a new one. Also, the restaurant is now hiring, so this one's getting close. [PLYWOOD]
5) Midtown East: Franco-Korean bakery chain Paris Baguette is opening a new location at 52nd Street and Lexington Avenue, per Midtown Lunch. [PLYWOOD]
6) Park Slope: Fifth Avenue's shuttered Sun Bo Bo Chinese restaurant is being replaced by another similar operation, Far East Restaurant, notes Here's Park Slope. [PLYWOOD]
· All Editions of The Plywood Report [~ENY~]