1) Flatiron District: Mira Sushi & Izakaya opened last week on West 22nd Street. Telepan alum Brian Tsao is overseeing the kitchen, which is pumping out classic izakaya dishes and other, Asian-inspired fare, while Nobu 57 alum Owen Wu runs the sushi bar. Status: Certified Open; 46 W 22nd St., 212-989-7889.
2) East Village:The new location of the Carmine Street pizza destination Joe's opens today in the former Naked Pizza space. This is the famed pizzeria's first expansion in 37 years, and it's a definite improvement from the space's previous tenant. Status: Opens Today; 150 E. 14th St., 212-388-9474
3) Greenwich Village: Today, the Jade Hotel on 13th Street is opening Grape & Vine, operated by restaurateur Frederick Lesort. Per press materials, it has an "artisanal-style" menu by chef Vincent Ricciardelli and a wine list by Bouley alum Michael Peltier. Status: Opens Today; 52 W 13th St., 212-300-4525.
4) East Village: Actress Jennifer Esposito's "gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, soy free, peanut free, allergy friendly, organic" bakery Jennifer's Way opened on Saturday. Status: Certified Open; 263 E 10th St.
5) Upper West Side: West Side Rag reports that Pain d'Epices opened a few weeks ago in the former home of Soutine Bakery. It's got breads, cakes, and other baked goods, and at least one salad. Status: Certified Open; 104 W 70th St.
[Photo courtesy Mira Sushi & Izakaya]