Restaurant industry veterans Johnny Swet (Pastis, Freemans, Jimmy) and Larry Poston (The Waverly Inn, Jimmy) recently opened a bar on the corner of Houston and Sullivan streets by the name of Rogue & Canon. They're pitching this as a casual neighborhood bar. The drinks menu features a mix of classic cocktails and new creations. The food menu includes things like deviled eggs, a charcuterie plate, beef tartare, a pork chop, fish and chips, hanger steak, and "hangover lo mein." Swet and Poston also just opened Cole's Greenwich Village. Check out the menus for Rogue & Canon:
• Rosie's Deviled Eggs $5
• Pickle Plate- classic dill, garlic, and hot and spicy. $5
• Crispy Shrimp- celery salt ?our, old bay aioli. $8
• Welsh Rarebit- brown ale, aged cheddar cheese, caramelized onions. $8
• Poached Duck Egg- brussel sprouts, con?t potatoes, bacon, pickled red onions, smoked paprika aioli. $10
• Butcher Block- duck prosciutto, lamb rillete, Tete de Cochon, thick cut bacon, mustard, pickles, country grilled bread. $18
• Mushroom Tart- hedgehog-trumpet royale mushrooms, puff pastry, truf?e vinaigrette shaved gruyere cheese. $12
• Tartare- beef, shallots, cornichons , parsley, dijon, quail egg. $15
• Chowder-leeks, potatoes, celery, cream, parmesan croutons. $9
• Beets- roasted baby beets, olive oil whipped goat cheese, frisee, candied walnuts $12
• Baby Greens- breakfast radish, pickled carrot, fennel, meyer lemon vinaigrette. $10
• Pork Chop- marbled potatoes, celery root, apple mustard slaw. $25
• Chicken- sennet farms, chicken, sweet potato-root vegetable hash, thyme. $23
• Fish and Chips-beer battered chatham cod, chips, malt vinegar aioli $21
• Hanger Steak- braised mustard greens, bearnaise sauce, fries $28
• Skate- brussel sprouts, heirloom potatoes, pickled red onions, lemon con?t $23
• Cavatelli- lamb sugo, caramelized cippolini onions, whipped ricotta $18
• Hangover Lo Mein- spicy lo mein noodles, carrots, cabbage, grilled scallions, sunny side egg $17
• Canon Burger- aged cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion, potato roll, dill pickle, potato roll
• Rogue Burger- peanut butter, crispy pork belly, onion marmalade, aged cheddar, potato
• roll $16
• Caramelized Brussel Sprouts $8
• Hand Cut Fries $7
• Roasted Mushrooms with shaved parmesan $8
• Heirloom Potato Salad $7
• Sweet Potato-Root Vegetable Hash $8
Navy Grog-(canon)-white rum, aged rum and naval rum
with housemade fallermum, pineapple juice,
anagostura bitters and nutmeg.
Sazerac-(canon) rye, absinthe, Sugar, peychud's
bitters, flamed lemon twist.
Marmaduke(rogue)-aquavit, grapefruit juice, St germain
and pumpernickel spice.
Smoke and Honey-mezcal, tequila, Honey, Grilled frozen
lemon with smoked sea salt.
Bourbon Rose-bourbon, dry vermouth, cassis and lemon.
American Pie-(rogue)-apple jack, Bavarian apple liquor
and cranberry juice over a cinnamon ice block.
Dirty Gibson-(canon)-gin, dry vermouth, brine, celery
bitters and our pickled pearl onions.
Grape Knee High-(rogue)crop organic vodka, gin, malbec
wine, concord grape juice and gingerale.
Midnight Train to Georgia(rogue)-bourbon, peanut liquor
maple-bacon bitters and charred rosemary.
Mango Margarita-(rogue)-tequila, mango, lime, agave
nectar and chipotle.
Continental Cocktail-(canon)-brugal extra dry silver
rum, Crème de Menthe and muddled fresh mint with
a rinse of green chartreuse and seltzer.
Slow & Low Negroni-(rogue)-rock and rye, Campari, sweet
and dry vermouth with flamed orange peel.
Pretty Baby-Vodka,Violette Liquor, Elderflower Liquor,
Matilde Peach Liquor, Champagne.
Russian Firing Squad-(canon)Russian vodka, Pomegranate
molasses, muddled limes with ginger beer, bitters
served in a copper mug.
Rogue & Canon
128 West Houston St., The Village
Now open for dinner and drinks