Wylie is opening a new restaurant in the East Village. Here are some crucial facts:
10) No dish will cost more than $25.
9) The Caesar salad will not be served in a bowl. Guests will eat it with their hands.
8) The clam chowder, however, will be served in a bowl.
7) The oyster crackers that come with the clam chowder will be made of actual oysters.
6) The menu will include purple pub cheese served on a stone slate, with chips made from Martin's potato rolls.
5) Cocktails will be modern, too. One drink, the "Ziresh Shrub," will include Iranian berries and grape musk molasses.
4) 56 seats.
3) wd-50 vet Jon Bignelli will be the executive chef.
2) The space will feature nods to Wylie's past. The shingles on the door, for example, will be similar to the ones that were on the wall of his childhood bedroom.
1) Alder will open this month.
· Pub Grub With 'a Wink and a Smile' [NYT]
·All Coverage of Alder [~ENY~]