Old Greenwich Village Photos
- We're not sure of the name of this sidewalk cafe, but the diners look to be sitting next to what was then the Waverly Theatre, which in 2005 became the IFC Center. Now in place of this sidewalk scene you'll find a Taco Bell and a couple of tattoo parlors.
- Another nightclub at the heart of the Greenwich Village music and comedy scene, Cafe Wha? opened on 115 MacDougal St, at the corner of Minetta Lane in the late 1950s. The original owner sold Cafe Wha? in 1968 and it became Cafe Feenjon, a nightclub featur
- Caffe Reggio opened on 119 MacDougal St. in 1927, and still stands relatively unchanged today. It claims to have introduced the cappuccino to America, and is home to an espresso machine from 1902, which the owner bought with his savings when he opened the
- Le Figaro was a favorite hangout of the neighborhood's beatniks and folk artists, with Bob Dylan, Lenny Bruce, Jack Kerouac and others numbered amongst its regulars. Besides a brief hiatus, from 1969 to 1975, when a Blimpie and an ice cream shop took the
- This picture of Like It Is, a bar, was included in a