1) Upper West Side: A new cocktail bar and restaurant called Dakota Bar is now open, per West Side Rag. The spot is owned by Jennifer Klein of Wine & Roses Bar. In addition to small plates and hors d'oeuvres, the food menu has a selection of sandwiches, salads, and pastas. Status: Certified Open; 53 W 72nd St.
2) Herald Square: A rep sends word that a new American restaurant called Pennsylvania 6 is now open. With STK Downtown and Mesa Grill alum Humberto Leon running the day-to-day operations in the kitchen, the restaurant has a raw bar, as well as classic American fare, brick-oven pizzas, and smaller bites. Status: Certified Open; 132 W 31st St., 212-727-3666.
3) Williamsburg: John Seymour, the owner of Pop's of Brooklyn on East Eighth Street in the East Village, and partner Sam Saleh are opening Sweet Chick today in Williamsburg. As the Local EV reports, Sweet Chick is focusing on fried chicken with with a side of either waffles or bacon and cheddar. It's only open for dinner, though lunch may come soon. Status: Opens Today; 164 Bedford Ave., 347-725-4793.
4) Midtown: The Australian pie company Pie Face has opened its third Manhattan location, Midtown Lunch learns. In addition to the usual selection, this location has mini-chiches and a self-serve coffee bar. To celebrate the opening, the shop is offering spins of a "prize wheel" today until 6 p.m. Status: Certified Open; 469 Seventh Ave.
5) Murray Hill: California-based coffee shop chain Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf has opened its latest location on Second Avenue, reports pcvstBee. Status: Certified Open; 606 Second Ave.
6) Midtown: Zagat also reports that Satya Eastern Kitchen opened at the beginning of February. It's a gigantic fast-casual Asian restaurant in the Chipotle mold. Status: Certified Open; 750 Eighth Ave., 646-895-9905.