1) Lower East Side: At the end of last week, Bowery Boogie noted that Beverly's is in its soft open phase. It's a low-key bar from the folks behind Sweet Paradise, the LES bar that shuttered to make way for Leadbelly. Status: Soft Open; 21 Essex St.
2) Midtown: La Pulperia, a "rustic Latin" restaurant from partners Carlos Barroz and Victor Medina, opened this morning. The menu has raw bar selections, ceviches and tartares, and a number of entrées like serrano-wrapped skate wing with bok choy and sangria-braised short ribs. It's open for lunch and dinner seven days a week, with brunch on the weekends. Status: Opens Today; 371 W 46th St., 212-956-3055.
3) Carroll Gardens: Gowanus Your Face Off reports that Avlee Greek Kitchen, a homey Greek restaurant, is now open in the former Joe's Superette space on Smith Street. Status: Certified Open; 349 Smith St.
4) East Village: A new dessert shop called Casa Gusto is now open, The Local EV learns. It sells chocolate, gelato imported from Italy, and macarons. Status: Certified Open; 199 Avenue A.
5) Midtown: And Midtown Lunch notices that Fusion 9th is now open in the space formerly occupied by the sit-down Chinese restaurant TS Ma. By the same owners as its predecessor, Fusion 9th leans towards Malaysian but has a bunch of curries and ramens as well. Status: Certified Open; 480 Ninth Ave.