Mission Chinese Food has resolved its issues with the Department of Health, and the restaurant is back in business. Here's a statement from chef/owner Danny Bowien:
To the Neighborhood and our patrons,
We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have been caused. We were recently found to be in violation of several health codes and would like to address the information circulating on the internet by being completely transparent and disclosing the codes we were in violation of, and the measures we have taken to address them. These are listed below.
We will be open today for dinner, as the health department has conducted a follow-up inspection and found our actions to be satisfactory and our restaurant to be in full-compliance with all health codes.
Thanks for your support,
Mission Chinese Food
1) Cold food item held above 41F. (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38F) Ingredients registered above 41F during dinner service.
Action: All reach in and deli refrigeration set below 41F during service to insure appropriate holding temperature.
2) Toxic chemical improperly labeled, stored or used such that food contamination may occur.Cleaning solutions stored in food storage area.
Action: All cleaning solutions are being stored in a non-food areas.
3) Evidence of rodent or live mice present in food or non food prep areas.
Evidence of rodent activity found in non-food/garbage area.
Action: Receiving gate leading to the garbage room with direct access to street level has been sealed. Any possible entry points sealed.
4) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity where contamination may have occurred.
Action: All cutting boards and food pass areas to be washed and sanitized after each use.
5) Sanitized equipment or utensil, including in-use food dispensing utensil, improperly used or stored. Service spoons improperly stored on work stations. Action: All service spoons to be stored properly and sanitized/discarded after each use.
6) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to allowing vermin to exist.
Action: Front and back doors to remain closed. Any potential rodent entry points to building sealed. Will continue ongoing extermination services.
7) Covered garbage receptacle not provided or inadequate, except that garbage receptacle may remain uncovered during active use. Garbage storage area not properly constructed or maintained.
Action: Garbage storage area brought up to compliance.
8) Pesticide use not in accordance with label or applicable laws. Prohibited chemical used/stored. Open bait station used.
Action: Discontinued all non-compliant usage.
9) Canned food product observed dented and not segregated from other consumable items.
Action: Disposed of any dented cans.
10) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required. Equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.
Action: Anti-siphonage device brought into compliance.
· All Coverage of Mission Chinese Food [~ENY~]