1) Upper West Side: Amsterdam Billiards founder Greg Hunt opened a café and cocktail lounge called Café Tallulah last night, notes My Upper West. The cocktail menu is overseen by Employees Only's Dushan Zaric, while Grub Street notes that the modern bistro menu is by wd~50 and Blue Hill at Stone Barns alum Roxanne Spruance. Status: Certified Open; 240 Columbus Ave., 212-209-1055.
2) Bushwick: A new Asian fusion restaurant called Bon! Asian Spice is now open in Bushwick, per Fork in the Road. The menu of ramen, pork buns, and more features ingredients from all across Asia, and the brunch menu features items like waffles with Japanese-style fried chicken. Status: Certified Open; 140 St Nicholas Ave.
3) West Chelsea: The owners of Stitch Bar & Lounge in the Garment District and the Westside Tavern in Chelsea have a new bar, Chelsea Pub, which opened last night. Status: Certified Open; 362 West 23rd St, 646-998-5831.
4) East Village: Ev Grieve reports that there's a new espresso bar on 14th Street between First and Second avenues called Madman Espresso. It does the whole single origin espresso thing. Status: Certified Open; 319 E 14th St.
5) East Village: Grub Street learns that a new bar called The Royal is now open on Fourth Avenue. It's a lounge that apparently has a ton of televisions and a menu by Minetta Tavern sous chef Daniel Perilla. That menu includes what sound like upscale versions of sports bar staples, like a burger, a grilled cheese, and gluten-free mac and cheese. Status: Certified Open; 127 Fourth Ave., 703-627-5161.
[Café Tallulah rendering via Facebook]