- Root Hill Burger in Gowanus by DNAinfo.
- More signs of the times in Times Square, via Midtown Lunch.
- Outside what will become the new bistro/lounge at 106 Rivington, via Bowery Boogie.
- Blueprints for the new Latin bistro/lounge at 106 Rivington via Bowery Boogie.
- Harlem Public in West Harlem via Harlem + Bespoke.
- A look inside Mezetto at 161 East Houston via Bowery Boogie.
1) Gowanus: Root Hill Café's burger offshoot Root Hill Burger is getting set to open on Fourth Avenue between Carroll and President streets. The restaurant will have nine different burgers developed by Prune alum Cali Rivera. It should open later this month. [DNAinfo]
2) Williamsburg: The taco mini-chain from former Third Eye Blind bassist Leo Kramer, Dos Toros, is getting set to open near the Bedford Avenue L stop. This will be the chain's first location outside of Manhattan. [DNAinfo]
3) Times Square: It's no Flavor Town, but the former Planet Hollywood in Times Square?closed for renovations lately?is returning, though it will share space with another chain, Buca di Beppo. [Midtown Lunch]
4) DoBro: Ramen joint Ganso will open later this month at 25 Bond St. [Brownstoner]
5) Lower East Side: 106 Rivington St is getting a new Latin bistro and lounge, a nightlife-focused project from the guys behind a couple of local bodega chains. [Bowery Boogie]
6) West Harlem: The sign is up and the plywood is down at Harlem Public, which is getting oh-so-close to opening at 3612 Broadway. [Harlem Bespoke]
7) Lower East Side: The former Oliva space at 161 East Houston St. is becoming Mezetto, a Mediterranean tapas restaurant. With a full liquor license (pending), they'll be open 9 a.m. to midnight most nights, staying up until 2 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays. [Bowery Boogie]