1) Lower East Side: The Fat Radish oyster shack spinoff The Leadbelly opens today, according to Grub Street. The menu by Ben Towill and Nicholas Wilber includes East and West Coast oysters, plus seafood-focused bar snacks like mussels pot pie. Open 5:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. daily. Status: Opens today; 14 Orchard St.
2) Times Square: Football person Boomer Esiason has stepped into the food biz, lending his name and helping redesign the menu at the revamped Boomer Esiason's Stadium Grill, per Fork in the Road. Chef David Burke is no longer involved in the restaurant at the Times Square Bowlmor Lanes, and Esiason's additions to the pub grub menu include a "Beat Philly! Cheesesteak" and Maryland crab cake sliders. Open daily from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. Status: Certified open; 222 W 44th St., 212-690-0252.
3) Lower East Side: Also opening on the LES today is Cocktail Bodega, the new spot by Matt Levine and Michael Shah. As Gothamist notes, Cocktail Bodega serves up liquor-infused smoothies and spiked juices, with a food menu by Bravo's Chef Roble and a club below ground called Cocktail Bodega Underground. Cocktail Bodega's open daily from 11 a.m. to 4 a.m., while CBU opens at 11 p.m. Status: Opens today; 205 Chrystie St.
4) Columbia Street Waterfront District: Tasting Table notes that Chió is now open. It's a healthy Mediterranean spot by Alex McWilliams and Jeff Bartels, offering dishes like flatbreads and pastas that are heavy on the veggies and generally light on protein. Open Tuesday to Thursday 5 to 10 p.m., Friday and Saturday 5 to 11 p.m. and Sunday 5 to 10 p.m. Status: Certified open; 117 Columbia St., (718) 237-4300.
5) Park Slope: West Village Thai restaurant Pinto has opened an outpost in Brooklyn, according to Here's Park Slope. Called Pinto Express, it's a small space, focusing primarily on take out. Status: Certified open; 447 Seventh Ave., (718) 788-3610.
6) Columbia Street Waterfront District: Also opening on the Columbia Waterfront this week is Waters Edge Diner, a straight-up diner that's open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Brownstoner reports that they open at 6 a.m. Status: Certified Open; 214 Columbia St.
7) Carroll Gardens: There's a new Mexican restaurant called La Slowteria now open in Carroll Gardens. As Grub Street notes, La Slowteria takes over the Dubuque space, offering a menu of seasonal and regional Mexican food by chef and co-owner Hugo Orozco. Status: Certified open; 548 Court St., (718) 858-2222.
8) Park Slope: A new coffee shop, Kahawa Café, recently opened, Here's Park Slope reports. The 20 seat shop serves Illy coffee and standard café pastries. Status: Certified open; 557 Fifth Ave., (347) 879-3617.