1) East Village: The second New York City location of Glaze Teriyaki Grill opened on Friday, according to EV Grieve. Status: Certified open; 139 Fourth Ave., (212) 420.9400.
2) Lower East Side: There's a new coffee shop at the corner of East Broadway and Essex called 12 Corners Coffee Shop, The Lo Down learns. It's open 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Status: Certified open; 155 E. Broadway, (646) 717-2849.
3) Union Square: Local chain Dig Inn Seasonal Market is opening a 'Buch Bar at their Union Square location. The chain by Adam Eskin, which has Daniel Angerer of Klee Brasserie and Brats: Dogs and Weiners running the food menu, has teamed up with Kombucha Brooklyn to offer four flavors on tap. Status: Opens today; 17 E. 17th St., (212) 253-7676.
4) Prospect Heights: Husband-and-wife team Erica Phillips and Erwin Caesar opened Elberta back in July, reports Prospect Heights Patch. Phillips and Caesar joined the restaurant when it was Velvet Peach, though they've since fully taken it over, renovated the space, hired chef Robert Carlino and rebranded it as a spot for down home Southern cooking. Open for dinner Tuesday to Sunday. Status: Certified open; 335 Flatbush Ave., (718) 638-1936 ?.
5) East Village: A new bar called Josie's has opened in the former Joe's Bar space, EV Grieve learns. Owners Richard Corton and Kirk Marco?who own Mona's and Sophie's?have renovated the bar to look much like it did in its former glory days, down to the wallpaper. Status: Certified open; 520 E. Sixth St.
And here, a video of a mural being painted at the new Glaze Teriyaki Grill: