1) Murray Hill: A rep tells Eater that a new Greek restaurant called Meli is now open in Murray Hill. The kitchen is helmed by former Nisi chef John Piliouras. Grub Street notes it opened in mid July. Meli's open Monday to Wednesday 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Thursday to Saturday 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Status: Certified open; 1 E. 35th St., (212) 481-0302.
2) Greenwich Village: A tipster writes in with the news that S H Dumpling and Noodle House opened recently, with a menu of dumplings, noodle soups, and sides like pork buns, kimchi, and edamame. Open Monday to Friday 11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., Saturday 12 to 11 p.m., Sunday 12 to 10 p.m. Status: Certified open; 227 Sullivan St., (212) 353-8888.
3) Park Slope: New bakery and café Du Jour, by pastry chefs TJ and Vera Tong Obias, is officially open. FloFab reports that the focus is mostly on dessert, though Du Jour also serves up breakfast pastries and a lunch menu of sandwiches, salads, and soups. Status: Certified open; 365 Fifth Ave., (347) 227-8953.
4) Lower East Side: Antibes co-owner Eyal Tov opened The Falafel Shop yesterday, per Bowery Boogie. Status: Certified open; 127 Rivington St.
5) Williamsburg: Located in a renovated garage on Hope Street, Hope Garage is a new restaurant and bar now open in Brooklyn. The menu of American comfort food by chef Nicole La (from Ed's Lobster) has items like mac and cheese, pork belly BLT, and pork chops. Open seven days a week, 4 p.m. to 4 a.m., the kitchens serves the full menu until close. Status: Certified open; 163 Hope St., (718) 388-4626.
6) Bushwick: The bar Alaska has been open for about two months. Owned by Skyler Insler and Lisa Noble, the focus at Alaska is on craft beer and bourbon, with a cocktail program that should launch this weekend. The bar's open seven days a week, 5 p.m. to 4 a.m. Cash only. Status: Certified open; 35 Ingraham St., (347) 699-4534.
7) Murray Hill: Zagat reports that a new location of Zen Palate has opened on Third Avenue. The menu is the same as the Hell's Kitchen and Union Square locations. Open for lunch and dinner seven days a week. Status: Certified open; 516 Third Ave., (212) 685-6888.