It's really happening, people: Guy Fieri just tweeted a picture of the signage going up at his new Times Square behemoth, Guy's American Kitchen and Bar. The Culinary Gremlin also recently shared a photo of the construction crew gettin 'er done. Apparently, all of the workers must wear Fieri-branded apparel while they're laying cement, cutting plywood, and plugging in the restaurant's many, many neon signs.
Over the last few weeks, Eater has heard a lot of (unconfirmed) rumors about this place. Here's what you can expect:
· Napkins designed by Ed Hardy
· A private dining room that's constantly on fire
· $3-kourse lunch prix fixe (Restaurant Week)
· Nacho cheese waterslide
· Rawk shrimp
· Bartenders wearing backwards sunglasses
· Complimentary bleach in the bathroom
· A $27 chicken entrée (comes with choice of side)
· Bottomless shredded lettuce
· Surprisingly hot servers
· Summer rolls
The restaurant will seat 500 Kulinary Gangstas and Gangstettes. Guy's American Kitchen and Bar will be unleashed upon New York City next month.