1) West Village: The highly anticipated Murray's Cheese Bar opened yesterday in the former Bar'rique space. In addition to a huge selection of cheeses, the new spot features 200 craft beers and a menu from chef fromager Tia Keenan with categories like "dunk," "fry," "griddle," and "between bread." Status: Certified Open; 264 Bleecker Street, 646-476-8882.
2) Soho: A supper club that Tamy and Felipe Donnelly started out of their apartment has become a full blown restaurant. Comodo, which means comfortable in Spanish, opened last Wednesday on MacDougal Street near Houston. The menu features dishes inspired by Felipe's travels in Colombia, Brazil, and Spain. A video of Comodo's story can be found on the restaurant's website. The restaurant is open for dinner and will open for lunch in the coming weeks. Status: Certified Open; 54 MacDougal Street, 646-370-4477.
3) East Village: Named for the alleyway where it sits, Extra Place is a German and Turkish-inspired restaurant with a focus on döner. Michael Han (Ciano) serves entrees for one and two, and the beer and wine list features several options from Hungary and Lebanon. Extra Place is open for lunch, brunch, and dinner. Status: Certified Open; 8 Extra Place, 212-777-4252.
4) East Village: Sharing a chef and an entrance with Extra Place is Heidi, a Swiss restaurant with German, Italian, and French influences. Gyalsten Ethenpa (Blau Gans) is Han's chef de cuisine at Heidi. Both restaurants are open until 2 a.m. and have outdoor seating. Status: Certified Open; 6 Extra Place, 212-777-4262.
5) Soho: Greek yogurt company Chobani opened its first New York City storefront yesterday on Prince Street. The shop offers fresh yogurt with a variety of mix-ins. They also sell nuts, oils, and other Mediterranean specialties. Status: Certified Open; 150 Prince Street, 877-847-6181.
6) Upper East Side: Grub Street learns that high end Indian chain Moti Mohal Delux has opened its first U.S. location. The menu features authentic Mughlai cuisine and a variety of vegetarian options. Status: Certified Open; 1149 First Avenue, 212-371-3535.
· All Editions of Thursday Opening Report [~ENY~]